Please note advise for Catholic Ed or Independent Schools: Catholic and independent schools will have to enquire with TAFE SA directly about attending.
The Safe use of machinery for technology teaching is a 4-day accredited course (22454VIC – Course in Safe Use of Machinery for Technology Teaching) delivered by TAFE SA. The training is aimed at secondary school technology teachers and workshop supervisors working in design and technology workshops.
The key learning objectives are:
- apply principles and legal requirements of WHS to the technology teaching environment
- safely operate a range of machinery (woodwork and metalwork)
- identify, assess and control hazards when working with machinery in a classroom setting
- undertake basic and/or preventative machinery maintenance
- transfer safe operating principles to a range of machines
- select and use appropriate personal protective equipment
The course is confined to the safe use of machinery for technology teaching and is not intended to provide teachers with vocational competencies to operate machinery in a non-school environment.
Participants can register into a course through Plink.