This customised Learning by Design program with CITB introduces year 7-9 students to the building and construction industry through a design thinking problem-solving methodology. It uses 3D design to create solutions for a construction problem or challenge in a local context.
The 12 new schools selected for Careers Under Construction will receive a $5,000 package:
- 20 hours of Professional Development for 2 to 5 teachers per school.
- A 12-month subscription to Makers Empire School Plan which includes:
- Custom Careers Under Construction Challenge Course, developed in collaboration with CITB
- 3D design software
- Teacher dashboard
- Lesson plans
- Built-in assessment tools
- Online professional development
- Ongoing support, updates, and maintenance
- 3D printer, filament, and training
- Hospitality for professional development days & showcase day
For more information and to apply visit https://citb.org.au/d2c-students/year-7-9-makers-empire