Dear Members and those interested,
At a recent committee meeting I proposed a membership price increase which has been approved by the committee alongside several new options for our members. This is the first price increase in a number of years and comes at a time in which we have significantly improved our online presence for members. Additionally with a new dedicated PD officer (thank you Soraia) the membership base has been offered a diverse range of sessions this year.
- A $15 increase across all plans
- A one-off discount code of $10 will be emailed to all 2018 financial members in the coming weeks which will be available for use until end of February 2019
- A new Country Category membership (60km+ from CBD or interstate) will be available for $50. This membership will enable 10 staff to be registered and for any of those members to come to our PD sessions. We will also be recording more of our sessions and posting them to our members only pages
- A price increase from $20 to $35 for our PD sessions to those non-members. We will continue not charging any of our paid members to come to our PD’s – this is definitely a DATTA SA bonus most associations don’t offer
- Exclusive grants available to financial DATTA SA members in 2019
Please note: If you have had a change in coordinator or account administrator get in touch with me, president(at)datta.sa.edu.au or office(at)datta.sa.edu.au and it’s a quick fix to get the details transferred across. Again another large benefit to the new platform we are using.
Thank you all for your attendance over the 2018. DATTA SA is committed to growing the opportunities provided to members in 2019. Highlights from 2018 include:
- Brand new website including features such as a dedicated forum, curriculum download area, videos and new members online portal for seamless management of accounts
- SACE Workshop for beginning teachers
- SACE Workshop on Stage 2
- DATTA AGM with drone presentation (video available for members)
- VEX Robotics presentation (video available for members, slidedeck available for everyone Highlight video from 2018 tournament available here)
- DATTA SA Week 5 workshops including topics on laser cutting, arduinos, work health and safety, STEM initiatives, solar car and boats, IIATE techstarter, e-textiles, Fusion 360 and F1 in Schools by the current World Championship Team, Team Horizon
Our members are spread across South Australia. The 2018 map below is a listing of where we come from via postcode (blue is member postcodes and red category schools listed above). Sign up and become part of a growing and thriving technology based association.
We look forward to 2019 and the many opportunities we will provide our members in the rapid changing space of Design and Technology Education.
Yours in education,
President DATTA SA