The Design and Technology Teachers Association (DATTA - SA) is the professional organization for design & technology, innovation and engineering educators.
DATTA supports the profession through leadership, professional development activities, membership services, classroom activities and on-line curriculum support
DATTA SA in conjunction with DATTA Australia and all affiliated state DATTA Associations across Australia takes on the responsibility for:
- Promoting and supporting rigorous professional standards for the teaching of the new Technologies curriculum R-10
- fostering and driving high quality professional development for teachers and school leaders in relation to Technologies curriculum
- working collaboratively across jurisdictions and engaging with key professional bodies to support and enhance the implementation and development of technologies curriculum
We acknowledge and totally support the Goals of the Melbourne declaration.
Goal 1: Australian schooling promotes equity and excellence
Goal 2: All young Australians become:
- successful learners
- confident and creative individuals
- active and informed citizen
Technologies enrich and impact on the lives of people and societies globally. Australia needs enterprising individuals who can make discerning decisions about the development and use of technologies. ACARA Technologies 2013
Underpinning focus of DATTA SA
- supporting a national perspective in the teaching of Technologies whilst recognising and maintaining our own SA perspective
- Engaging with key stakeholders in the profession and community
- Promoting proactive approaches to teaching and learning
- Focusing on quality teaching and school leadership
- Collaborating and communicating
- Building and using an evidence base.SA
- Support teachers in developing knowledge about students and how they best learn in technologies
- Supporting the developing knowledge the content and how to teach it adopting current and best practice
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning programs R-10 following the ACARA Technologies curriculum
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments that foster positive learning outcomes in Technologies education learning
- Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning in the area of Technologies education
- Engage in professional learning in ACARA Technologies curriculum R-10
- Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community so enhance the profile of Technologies education R-10
Therefore the role of Design and Technology education and a vibrant Association in South Australian schools is vital and necessary.
Satisfac Credit Union
The Teachers' Credit Union, is building one of the strongest, most progressive credit unions in South Australia with a membership that grows from within the educational system and the surrounding community.
Click logo to view website.
Technology Education Centre
Our website is dedicated to teachers and parents whose children are learning through Science or Design & Technology at school in the primary and middle years of schooling. This site will help children investigate their subject further through the wealth of educationally sound hands-on materials available on this site.
Click logo to view website.
Creating contexts for learning
Designing; Producing; Generating; Creating; Problem-solving; Critiquing; Innovating;
Prototyping; Collaborating and Managing
Australia needs... people who can independently and collaboratively develop innovative solutions to complex problems and contribute to sustainable patterns of living.
Technologies enrich and impact on the lives of people and societies globally. Australia needs enterprising individuals who can make discerning decisions about the development and use of technologies.